Thursday, July 10, 2014

The power of rationale


Interesting thing as I was watching yet another episode of House.  It made me think of mortality.  It made me think of how I would rationalize if it was my 11th hour.  The beauty of having a significant other like Jeremy is he's very straightforward.  He wouldn't give me false hope. He would simply tell me the facts...and tell me he loves me.  It's something I have learned. To face my fears.   I try to live by that philosophy as much as I can. And so I would hope that I would try to face my fear.  Do I fear death? Yes..to a point.  I fear the unknown. I fear if the "afterlife" was one big lie.  I fear what I don't know...and there in and of itself lies the fear.  it's redundant, really.  But there is that big elephant in the room.  But right now...right now where my rationale is in good tact I'd like to believe that the afterlife is there.  I'd like to believe my two "guardian angels" will be helping me if I have to make that crossover.  These are the strange things that go through my mind.  The episode thrusts me into thinking of things like that.  I trust medicine. I don't trust medicine.  It's a conundrum.  I trust my own body.  However, I do realize I am not a doctor.  I hope that if I am ever confronted with a life threatening situation that I have a doctor that knows their shit.  I don't want to become a casualty (pardon the pun) of their rationale.  But sometimes, that's just how that goes.  After all, we find out about cures and solutions and advancement in medicine because someone had to pay the price.  Deep thoughts, huh? I will now return you to the normally schedule only light deep thoughts lol

No comments:

Post a Comment