Monday, July 14, 2014

House


By watching all these episodes of "House" it makes you wonder if doctors took a peak at this character and said" I think I could manifest him!" More often than not doctors are not known to be that much of a people person.  They diagnose.  They don't have time for the emotions and feelings that patients bring alone with their symptoms.  I have a new found appreciation for doctors. Even their rudeness.  I have encountered enough doctors in my life that somehow missed that " being personable" chip.  Except for my neurologists.  Somehow, that field took into account that while the brain and the nerves play a part of different neurological problems..ultimately...the feels come along with it.  And for that I can be grateful.  I was practically born with Epilepsy.  I know my life without out because I allowed myself to believe I had outgrown.  And for 8 beautiful years...that lie was true.  I know better now.  And so did the doctors that warned it was never quite something you walk away from.  But at least I got a fighting chance at that lie. Being an adult with it now I don't allow myself to be held back by it. However, I know my own limits.  And I am more knowledgeable about my condition.  Being informed and educated helps.  I am not my own Doctor...but if watching an episode of House desensitizes me to seeing a person with seizures..then this show..."House" is more than just a show.  It's a valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment