Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Find out what fuels you



Some might call it an outlet.  Whatever you like to call it we all need to find out therapy.  That thing or those things that help us recharge.  They help us face the world.  They give us reminders of why we fight so hard to brave the world.  Sometimes they are incentives.  Sometimes they come in the form of obligation.  We have to look at the reason we do things and then find out what helps us brave those incentives and obligations.  I have this dream.  It's been a dream to be a massage therapist for so long.  Yet, I am at the finish line and suddenly my feet are frozen.  Metaphorically,  my feet are frozen.  It made me lost for a while.  I felt like a failure.  Now I realize it's part of a story.  When I do have that passing test I will be able to fulfill everything I dreamed of.  I like helping people.  I like having a contribution to their healing.  I find fulfillment in that quest.  This test does frustrate me.  I am so close and yet feel so far.  But I am still here...fighting.  I will keep my dream alive.  One day at a time.  In the meantime my life is filled with such love and happiness.  I have friends that support me in all my crazy wonderful mess of a life.  I have parents that understand I am left of the spoon...if that makes any sense. I'm sure I have the saying wrong.  I have a husband who shows me everyday the kind I loved I only dreamed of.  I am so grateful to have Jeremy as a husband.  He's my Best Friend.  He is my partner in crime in this adventure called Life.  I love our adventures, whether big or small. They are our adventures. They are our memories.  So find your therapy.  Find what makes you happy.  Listen to it with your heart.  Find out what fuels you.  Understand it.  Then, fight for it and learn to give yourself space and time to know why you love it.  And find things that make you fight for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment