Monday, January 5, 2015

Perfect is a bad word


Perhaps I should write this blog with not nearly as much emotions.  I am upset.  I feel like I am justifying to a person on how I am.  I feel as though the person they have in front of them is "not good enough".  I get that I am not always going to have things right. I'm human.  I make mistakes.  I am clumsy.  But I am sincere in what I do.  I sometimes am too compassionate for my own good.  I worry too much about someone else's feelings I forget to tell myself I don't need to explain the person I am.  You accept a person for whom they are.  You might not like all traits of them.  It would be strange if you did.  Perfect is a bad word.  Perfection doesn't exist.  It's like waiting for a unicorn to come.  Unrealistic expectations render some very bad choices.  At least that's how I see it.  For just a bit I was enabling someone...I was letting them put me in a corner.  Unrealistic expectations of what you want me to be like is cruel...actually.  I wouldn't do that to you.  I felt insulted, really.  They funny thing is this person has no idea how many times I made sure to prioritize their feelings...when really I shouldn't have to do that.  This is exhausting.  I am confident on who I am as a person and a friend until we talk.  And then without meaning to you basically tell me I'm not good enough.  Your unrealistic expectations are going to alienate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment