Monday, February 13, 2017

Best version of yourself


I was having an interesting conversation about not comparing oneself to yourself.  It's been done.  At some point, we all do it.  Do some kind comparison.  Whether it's comparing two people are comparing yourself to someone else.  And in the end, you can only go with the best version of yourself.  And the person you started comparing someone else with.  1) No one can be you.  Can you imagine someone trying to be Queen Sparkles? I mean...It would be weird.  I make it work.  I sparkle and shine.  I've got this bounce to me that makes you smile.  Admit it.  Okay.  Stop thinking about the bounce...lol I know where you're going with this.  lol I look at the people I have chosen to spend time and energy with.  I can't imagine someone else being them.  It just doesn't work.  When we choose whom we invest our time with, we can't imagine anyone like them.  I can't imagine another Jeremy.  The man hurts me sometimes.  The man makes me smile and laugh.  The man drives me insane sometimes.  But I can't imagine another Jeremy...flaws and all.  It's taken me a while to really accept this beautiful skin of mine.  Being comfortable with your own skin and who you are.  I am flawed.  I make mistakes.  But I get back up...and I try again.  And again.  It should sound so simple.  That once I started opening up in therapy about the rape and getting to the core of things, that it would link why I am the way I am, how I react to people, and my every day life in general.  No.  The traumatic event doesn't define me.  And yet, it does.  It shapes on how or why I trust or don't trust people.  It shapes the honor code system I have with myself and others.  It shapes how I react to hurt.  It shapes so much of how I let people in.  I've actually been criticized for having too many friends or that I attach best friends too quickly.  Actually, I let the person call me best friend before I attach best friend.  Again, there is a system.  And I also started looking at sources of who was criticizing.  Often, it was people that didn't attach themselves to people.  So, really...you don't know. You're not me.  Every day, I attempt to become the best version of myself.  What does that mean? I try to contribute to the world, one gesture at a time.  I try to be kind.  I try to be loving.  I try to be a positive impact in people's lives.  If I see that I'm not, I remove myself  .Or if I see that you are not a positive part of my life,  I remove you.  Why? Because as I'm getting older, I don't want games.  I want people that want to do good in this world.  And I want people that want to make this world better, one gesture at a time.  When you put positive energy out, you create harmony...of sorts.  But it has to start with you.  And sometimes...it might just be you and a few.  And that's okay.  Don't do something because people are doing it.  Do it because you believe in it.  Harmony.  It's harder than you think.  Different people with different views.  But each day that you interact with someone, you make a pact to take space in harmony...together.  I still grumble about traffic.  I still grumble about the waiter taking so long on my Adult Grilled cheese sandwhich.  But I harmonize with him.  What if he had something on his mind? What if he forgot? And yelling at him would just humiliate him.  I wouldn't want to be humiliated.  So I won't humiliate.  This is me trying to be the best version of myself.  I'm no saint.  But I'm Jess.  Go be you.  Go be the Badass I know you all can be.  Time to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment