Thursday, February 23, 2017

Unexpected and limits


Well...

It's been a while since I blogged.  We had the kids over the weekend so I was distracted.  Then, the unexpected happened.  We got crazy thunderstorms.  Our weather got crazy enough that we ended up with tornadoes.  Now...let me tell you.  We don't get tornadoes.  But, literally a mile from where Jeremy and I were...one hit.  Talk about crazy.  There were about 4 tornadoes that hit our city or surrounding places.  The winds got bad that our garage door got either bent in or part of it went off the rail.  I was on my way to work the other day when the thing went off the rail.  It broke the railing but also the glass.  We finally got a new one today.  Added to that good news, Jeremy took off work for the job to be done, but it was also our lunch date time.  So we ended up doing Thai anyways.  He called it thematically appropriate.  It was a nice surprise!!! Also, he won first place for his chili!! I think it's kind of funny that he's not there.  Someone took a picture of his trophy.  No joke.  The chili is good.  Spicy for me.  I don't care.  Likewise with the Thai food.  I had Yellow curry.  Soooo spicy for me loved it.  The food was amazing.  I also had a bubble tea to help cool down my tongue.  Our friend has us going on a food adventure.  I've never had crawfish.  This should be interesting.  I like having new experiences.  I won't know I like it or not unless I try it.  Course some things I know I would be like no...like blowfish.  A friend of mine talks about a restaurant in New York that you pay $5000 to have it but the condition is that some of these fish contain some poison.  Like that...I wouldn't even entertain the thought.  Even this crazy girl has limits.  So that's what's been going on.  We have a friend coming in next week from out of town.  She used to live here but work called her elsewhere.  The 5k is coming up as well.  And then, our anniversary.  And then, Jeremy's birthday!!! I really want to get him the Ifly indoor skydiving thing.  We shall see closer to his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment