Thursday, June 20, 2013

Connections,truth, and that age old question

You have them.  Sometimes you have them better with your friends than your family.  Sometimes not.  Sometimes your spouse is that one connection that makes everything else make sense. Sometimes it's all about the connection you have with yourself. Sometimes not.  When you have a connection it's hard to see past ugliness of not having it....unless of course at one point you didn't have it.  I read a very disturbing book recently.  In the book the mother didn't love her daughter...and worse would tell her so.  Imagine the impact and psychology trauma and torture one endures into adulthood with experiences like that.  I'm extremely lucky that these days I surround myself with people that have positive energy.  Yes...friends and families do have "bad hair days" or the blues. However, they do not reside in negative place city.  Oddly, as I am getting older...my threshold for this negative energy is thinning. I just don't have the energy to keep positive thoughts and energy if you aren't at least making an effort to help yourself.  Life happens. Really bad things in life happen. It's the approach and way you deal with those things that determines your strength, your threshold, and your outcomes.  I've watched how different people handle a similar situation. I've watched how different people handle difficult people in their life.  I've watched how I handle difficult people.  You learn lessons from the toxicity of situations.  Not every day is magical...sometimes months...and years go by before a spark of magic is seen. And what it comes down to is...connection....connection to the world. The way I see it...when a person connection with the world..through music, words, or people they express what they feel. They outlet their emotions and feelings. And if there was any toxicity there it has an outlet...a way to be released.  Some connect with words.  Authors, songwriters, or singers give a feeling, a story, a description of an event....a way for us to relate to the things they have felt.  Some connect with sight. Artists and photographers sometimes can capture so much by just showing us a picture.  After all...a picture or painting can be worth a 1000 words.  There are those that have connections with people. I have that.  I feed off the connection I have with people.  Since I am sometimes isolated by being at home I yearn to interact with people.  However, these days I am learning for my words to connect people since I am no longer interacting face to face with that many people.  And then there is spiritual connection. Enlightenment...God....Nature...the Universe....we find ways to connect ourselves past just what is in front of us.  We seek answers to truths we aren't sure where the question lies.  Connections...sometimes the simplest answer really is the right or probable answer.  What is our purpose....good question.  Maybe there is no linear answer.  Maybe the right question isn't being asked. Maybe we don't have a black and quite answer...rather a grey structure on what we base our values on.  Maybe...we will never know.Or maybe knowing isn't the answer we are looking for. Maybe it's simply going on a journey...and looking for our own version of the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment