Friday, June 21, 2013

DIY and other wife things...or not...that is the question

I'm obsessed with Pinterest.  I am constantlyon the look out  for cheap DIY projects.  I have always been on the more frugal side when it comes to projects.  Here and there I pick up side jobesque  to cater to any projects that might cost extra.   I also want to improve my baking skills.  If we had ever had home economics I think I might have actually wanted to take that class....silly as that sounds. For others they seem so natural in that environment. Sometimes I feel like a giraffe trying to wobble around as I maneuver the more homemaking skills.  Alone, it was easy whipping up chicken recipes or a steak or two.  Somehow...an audience will scare me.  It really shouldn't.  The few times I attempt  I get compliments on my baking or cooking.  Still...the need to not fail is there.  I am so grateful that Jeremy accepts who I am...and who I'm not for that matter.  I try..and it's sweet. But I will never truly be June Cleaver.  I'm more likely to be  Betty Page first.  I fit my own mold of wifehood.  It's a bit different.  The important part is that our relationship doesn't suffer from it...In fact...I'd almost say my lack of wife skills has turned into more of an advantage.  I'm the wife that gets invited to the "no wife or girlfriend events".  I'm one of the guys...once again.  Last time I was in this position I felt a little bad about because I was "one of the guys".  This time...I embrace it.

2 comments:

  1. You can recognize the smell of warming olive oil. You can cook. :) You can buy an electric pressure cooker. It drastically reduces the cooking time of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The Pressure Cooker Rocks!

    ReplyDelete