Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Your demeanor

Sometimes it's hard not to be suspicious of repair guys because I am a woman.  Between yesterday's guy and today's guy I felt I had options with the latter. The latter seemed matter of fact.  He explained that our unit is obsolete.  The R-22 isn't being made much anymore.  He even offered to come back and speak with Jeremy about options so nothing gets lost in translation between repairing or just completely replacing.  And how did the price of replacing go from $4,957 to $2,000.  And you wonder why I don't like to be around repair men by myself. I automatically think I'm being played. It helped to actually see a guy not do that. In fact...it was refreshing.  So, Matt. Thank you for giving me hope not all repair men are scum just waiting to screw me over.  It was your demeanor that helped me to relax.  It was your offer to speak with Jeremy in person that I recognized perhaps you aren't trying to slip one over us.  After all, you came from Jon Wayne.  I'd hate for the Duke to be untrustworthy. lol

1 comment:

  1. lol! My cousin Matt works in the A/C business... but he's in Austin, so *something* tells me it's not the same person! :)

    ReplyDelete