Thursday, June 13, 2013

There are Tuesdays with Morrie...I've got Thursdays with Leticia

It is Thursdays. Which means it's visiting Leticia time. I have been calling her "Laura" because we started out in a an Elder Friends program. It's coming up on a year now.   Now that we are no longer in the program I don't see any reason to hide her identity. She moved.  After 40 years she moved.  I can't even imagine what that feels like.  However, I really think this move is good.  She moved into am independent senior living apartment complex.  It's a great community setting while still allowing for independence.  She is no longer so isolated.  I will still visit her on Thursdays. But maybe I can also make it out on Tuesdays sometimes.  The nearest church is my former school so it will be nice to go back to that church.  I usually don't make it out to that church because it's far. But for her and visiting with her it is worth it.  I am blessed and lucky to have Leticia in my life.  She tells me that I have helped her so much.  Truth is...she helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment