Monday, November 7, 2016

Authentic you

"You're too nice for your own good"

I said that to a friend.  I also believe it of myself, at times.  And then, not.  As much as I am nice, sometimes, not going the extra mile of giving you me, is not being nice.  I do know this.  As my sweet and dearest friend would say, if being too nice for your own good is being your true authentic self, then so be it.  And so, sometimes, I am nice...until I can be nice no longer.  I remove myself.  Maybe turning 40 has gotten me to this perspective, but sometimes you gotta say enough is enough.  "L" came up with a witty coin for those who no such boundary.  And it makes me laugh.  And so Harry Potter lol Death Eater.  She also came up with Douche nozzle, so I coined the two together and came up with Douchenozzle Death Eater.  Inconsiderate twits with no regard for other people and their feelings, often bullies, perhaps narcissistic, and suck the positive energy out of you.  But here's the beautiful part.  For the DDs of your life, find the beautiful spots in your life.  Tribe, Squad, group...whatever you want to call it, find people that accept and love you for whom you are.  I have the good, the bad, and the Jess.  Yet, I have people in my life that celebrate the beautiful mess that I am.  I honor and cherish these people in my life.  Anything that comes my way is doable, because I have exactly the kind of support I need.  And I love being that support for them too.  Be authentic you.  That doesn't mean be an asshole.  We all know to well the ..."I'm just being blunt or honest bs of the world that people say.  Or Just telling it like it is.  No...what you're doing is being an asshole.  There is a way to convey your thoughts to people without insulting them.  In the end, what they are doing is giving their opinion, in their "honesty".  And I choose to be strong with positive.  Life doesn't come in Unicorns and Cupcakes version.  Damn. I wish it would lol.  But I learned that as I was trying to maintain my Zen life.  That's okay.  Sometimes you need to find out life isn't all Unicorns and cupcakes so you can learn.  So you can grow.  And in some ways, so you can heal.  We all have a story.  And in that story, there is a pain.  And in that pain, there is a lesson.  And in that lesson, there is growth.  With all the mean I see around right now, I want to still keep kind.  I'm not always kind.  But you know what, kind may also be pushover.  Kind doesn't mean you run over me.  And that is something I am learning.  I hope you have kind moment today.  But remember, there are those who take your kind and bulldoze you.  I can't tell you what to do.  You may let them.  And you with good reason.  Or you may not, with good reason.  Just remember, to be authentic you.  I'm proud of authentic you.

No comments:

Post a Comment