Monday, November 14, 2016

Such a thing as too much fun


I paid for that.  I think there is such a thing as too much fun.  We went to Freetails for a coworker friend's birthday.  Jeremy has a set of guys at work that are just awesome.  Families were there.  We hung out.  I had a beer called chocolate orange.  I don't normally have dark beer, or beer in generally really. I'm a wine girl, through and through.  And then, we had Wurst fest the next day with "L" and DA.  It was packed!!! There was so much to see.  We ate beforehand so it wouldn't be as expensive.  But still beer...and snacks! Plus, "L" and I wanted to get our face painted.  I ended up with a purple unicorn.  You won't see it exactly in the pictures, but I was wearing glitter.  I had taken a nap earlier to recharge and deal with coming home late.  It's usually my strategy for when my sleep cycle is different or off.  And I got it all over my pillow.  And some on Jeremy because we were snuggling.  Poor guy lol.  With everything going on last week, I wanted to put out happy vibes.  And I have learned my silliness is a superpower of sorts.  So...why not use it for good? My stomach was starting to get a little iffy Saturday night but nothing came of it.  Then, Sunday we were going to hang out with "L" and DA again.  But I was able to have some bff quality time with dear one.  Great talk.  It was nice catching up.  Her schedule has changed.  Life happened.  So when I can get some bff time, I take it! Jeremy was studying so I went a few hours.  And had Crazy Aunt Jess time too.  I am honored that my friends entrust me with that role.  I digress.  We got pizza.  And like a crazy person trying to keep up with Jeremy's stomach.  No one has a stomach like Jeremy...I had the garlic sauce spicy yummy thing.  And I think that did it.  I started feeling the beginnings of a migraine.  Nothing like the day I had to go to the emergency room for migraine.  That was a migraine nightmare experience.  Thank goodness I had help.  I am always grateful for that.  But there I was...feeling the dread coming.  There is always that period where I have to figure if it's a bad enough migraine to take the medicine.  I called it early.  But on the way home, I didn't make it and puked.  I felt better.  We came home and I took the medicine.  And I guess the puking made me exhausted because I crashed.  Not before puking one more time lol.  So...this morning.  All I did was rest and sleep.  My support system has checked in me to make sure I'm okay.  It makes me smile...and heart melt.  I've got one errand.  And of course, house wifey things to do.  But after that, I'm taking it easy.  I have work tomorrow so I need my energy for that.  I wear my happy socks and keep the Hufflepuff necklace in my pocket.  I have one pair of Hufflepuff socks and so many pairs of Doctor Who.  I wanted to get more Harry Potter but I wanted Hufflepuff.  I may just go back for the Harry Potter that don't have the houses.  But for now, I'm good.  I lead a wonderfully boring life.  But I am learning to handle my reactions to life in a different manner.  Life throws things at you.  And it's great to hold onto that Zen.  Truly, it is.  But reality doesn't usually stay like that.  Again....life happens.  So...you learn how to react to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment