Wednesday, November 9, 2016

No time for that


No time for that.  This morning, while some had to swallow the reality we live in, I didn't get the time to react.  I had to take Whiskers to the vet.  She had ligament and joint issues.  She's too old for surgery so I got medication for her.  Maybe I foresee a darkness that will not be.  After all, we don't know the future.  But I did learn something today.  I need to be more aware, because I have brown skin. and often get mistaken more for Middle Eastern rather what I am, Hispanic.  I need to be more aware because I am a sexual assault survivor.  It's a new awareness I didn't realize would have to be part of my reality.  But there it is.  Bullies do win.  It's a reality.  But it doesn't mean we stop being kind to each other.  In fact, it makes me more inspired to be kind.  So, life goes on.  Life sometimes doesn't work out and you have to adjust accordingly.  Not because you want to.  But because you have to.  I am proud of my strength.  I am proud I am a strong and vocal woman.  I am proud that my feedback and insight provide people with strength and thoughts that perhaps turn into action.  Just need to take one day at a time.  And hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment