Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hufflepuff love


To some, it may almost childish or ridiculous that I am so insistent on being the persona that represents Hufflepuff.  and I'm okay with that.  It's just for me, Hufflepuff love is exactly how I can cope with the world around me.  It's how I can adjust to the reality set forth for me.  It starts with me.  And the best way I know how to do that is by being the Hufflpuff qualities described.  Some qualities are as follows:
Hardworking, patient, loyal, and fair.  I want to be a positive impact on the world.  So...this is me, sending Hufflepuff love,  to you. Evenstar by Howard Shore is on.  It's a beautiful and daunting sound.  But it almost resonates the feeling I have.  Sometimes, music conveys the thoughts we lose in words.  A me quote. lol On our bedroom wall Jeremy and I have two wall art items that convey that.  One says "Music is what feelings sound like."  And the second one that is next to two guitars, once acoustic, and one electric, says, " When words fail, music speaks. I love looking at them.  It's a gentle reminder of how sometimes, not even words can convey a feeling or thought.  And that's okay.  There is so much tension right now.  There isn't a side that is more right than the other.  And I learned something yesterday.  One shouldn't chastise a person for whom they voted for.  And one shouldn't chastise for mourning the loss of a candidate not becoming president.  I almost got sucked in myself for a second or two when I saw something on Facebook.  And in some sense, I may have chosen words that were a blanket of anger.  I was assuming and accusing too.  I was no better.  I stopped myself because that isn't me.  And it took a heart to heart discussion with my friend EB for me to rethink my words.   She and I, at first seemed tense with our conversation.  But by the end of it, we felt closer.  And she called me one of her best friends.  That melted my heart.  It was a reminder of positives coming out of negatives.  And a reminder to look at positives out of negatives, as a whole right now.  They're hard to find.  But, if I can find a positive out of a rape, no less....I can find a positive out of anything.  We make choices..And I chose to react a certain way.  That kind of discipline isn't easy.  But, as I am given lessons in life, I am learning to think about the situation rather than just react.  I don't expect that other people will take my approach.  But I have to be authentic me.  And my nature is not to lash out.  I'm human.  It will happen.  But I often do it out of a negative reaction towards me.  This time, it was about the idea that one set of people have said worse about a person than the other.  I found it nonsense.  I allowed myself to have a knee jerk reaction.  Bad on me.  People will have opinions.  People will disrespect.  People will be inconsiderate.  That doesn't mean I have to be like that too.  So, today....and this day forward, I will vow to be aware of my kindness.  I will fight for kindness by being kind.  I will change the world, one beautiful gesture at a time.  Inner Voices by R Carlos Nakai is on.  Have a beautiful day, my beautiful quiet spaces.  As always, thank you for reading my thoughts.  Thank you for reading my thoughts.  Thank you for caring, for curiosity, for guidance, for entertainment.  Thank you, for just being you.  I especially owe a beautiful thank you to France.  Yes, you, France.  Have a beautiful day, guys.  Stay humble and kind, if you can.  It's a request...not a an order.  Of all places, It was a Cinderalla movie, I saw this...Have courage...and be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment