Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Emotionally charged


Yesterday was an emotionally charged.  I hadn't realized how much until afterwards.  Until now, really.  I went to the Rape Crisis Center for an appointment.  I had a new counselor which made me anxious.  So much, I actually brought my aromatherapy Unicorn.  But by the end, while my old counselor  used the word grounded, this one used self-sufficient.  She called me strong.  I've seen that impressed look before.  My friends have it at times for all things I have been through.  I guess I don't realize my own strength.  I still have a bad habit of dismissing myself.  I notice it now and try to stop myself.  I was even doing it in the session.  I likened myself to a sports car. (Jeremy compares me to a sports car lol) And the idea of needing maintenance.  She called it a reality check of sorts.  And I agreed.  I just want to make sure I am on the right path.  She wondered if my education in psychology had any help in my own healing.  I can't remember all the words she had but it was one of the most validating beautiful words I have come across.  And also helped to validate how I am healing myself.  My crazy outlets.  My blog.  My writing.  My friend therapist helping.  My job.  Each helps me to heal.  And so will the sessions.  I hadn't realized how much of a daze was in or thought I was until I ran into a friend at the store on my way to this appointment.  I apologized later but he said I seemed fine.  I must hide it well.  But I felt frazzled.  I felt frazzled until I got a good read from her.  She's amazing.  So, the healing begins.  Just keep doing what I'm doing.  Just keep being a warrior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment