Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Connection and disconnection


I have often heard that the internet has disconnected people.  I can understand that angle of thinking.  People don't always have the luxury of face time with other people.  For some, face time can be scary.  That much social interaction with people can be overwhelming.  That's where the internet has become an essential part of our lives.  The way I figure it...it can be good or bad depending on the person.  For instance, I appreciate being able to stay in contact with people aren't here locally.  I have friends that I have crossed paths with and I like being able to participate in their lives still.  I have friends in other states.  More importantly, I have friends in other countries that I have been able to stay connected with. I have mended rifts.  As we age, some of the trivial things that might have bothered us in our youth seem senseless.  Are there people I might not ever see face to face? Yes. Strangely enough...I still feel close to people and suddenly distance doesn't seem to factor in.  So for me...the connection and disconnection doesn't phase me.  I am able to stay in touch with people I want to stay in touch with.  I am able to connect to witnesses to different aspects of my life.  That's important.  It's important to have witnesses to different parts of my life.  It shows the "blueprint" or map to what I have become.  It also shows my progression or in some cases my demise.  It shows how I have evolved into the person you know today.  Imagine really taking that in...Imagine reading, or watching someone's history...that...right there...that...is what fascinates me. Your history...my connection to you. I like that.  You can see why I like stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment