Friday, October 31, 2014

Intentions


Intentions says a lot about a person.  On a day like this I have known people to judge for celebrating, honoring, or even acknowledging this day.  It's got about 3 ways people might look at this day.  Judging someone for that doesn't make you a better Christian.  It's something I never understood.  You don't have to believe as others do.  But respect that they think differently than you is not bad.  In fact, you judging them is in and of itself a sin.  You have propped yourself as the panel of judgement that they are doing bad.  What type of intention is that? I am no one.  I do not boast that I know of any judgement of good or bad.  I sometimes am confused as to what exactly I believe in.  However, I believe that the entity I call God (more male to me at times) or on some days the Universe (more female at times for me) would not want to see me judge someone like that.  Have I never judged someone? I would lying if I said no.  But I do my best not to.  I do my best to put my best foot forward and be open to things.  My feeble attempt at open mindedness helps me to remember that someone could be looking at me and judging me.  I could be judged by my condition.  Where people don't understand or might not be able to understand what happens to me in terms of my condition. Or maybe that I am not defined by the paperwork or mechanics of what my condition does.  I digress.  Intentions are a powerful thing.  I want to be sure my intentions are good.  I can't say pure because I am human. The human condition doesn't always have pure intentions.  But I can live with good.

No comments:

Post a Comment