Monday, October 20, 2014

Consider the source

I've often told friends that one has to look at the credentials of an insults or criticism before really taking in all the information.  So it was only fair that I took my own "take".  It doesn't minimize the information that was received. After all, there is possible truth to the statement.  All too often people discuss trying to be "honest" with each other.  This is good...sort of.  My take is you want to support people. You want to bring them up.  Even the way you present this "truth" is important.  Are you "helping" the person improve or grow? Or are you simply lashing out or bringing them down? What is the intent of your "truth?" I want to make sure I present myself in the most genuine way.  I'm clumsy. I will fail, so to speak.  I will try again.  But I best think twice on the source.  Otherwise, I will second guess myself.  I do find value in feedback. But I must remember that I reap the rewards or consequences of my actions.  I must remember that while the feedback is invaluable....it isn't the final thought on whom I really am.  That's left me for to convey.  That's an important perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment