Monday, January 9, 2017

Life happens


I hadn't the heart to blog since life was happening.  Jeremy and I differ on respect and boundaries, most especially with certain friends.  I won't go into the details but we seemed at an impasse.  It opened up our true colors and it wasn't a pretty sight on either side.  However, the one thing I do like about us is that for whatever we fight about, we try figuring it out.  I sometimes feel I cater to Jeremy because of my personality.  I accommodate.  And for that, when I feel unappreciated in some way, I feel taken for granted.  There is a friend that I feel is a "bad influence".  I would rather the friend go away but it doesn't work that way.  And I felt in some way, Jeremy changed his behavior.  But I did something that I don't usually do.  I called Jeremy out on it.  Whether it was true or not, that Jeremy was behaving different because of said friend, I said it.  And while it created turmoil the last week or so . (Reason for not blogging)....we learned to communicate our frustrations without yelling at each other.We emailed each other.  Then, finally started talking about it.    We learned about expectations, respect, surprises, choosing to do something, duties, and how we react to this towards each other.  It was a rather interesting social experiment, given that we were unknowingly participating in it.  But we learned things.  And this weekend proved that we were trying to be good to each other.  Marriage takes work.  We have been 11 years together.  It's bound to happen from time to to time that we struggle in our relationship.  So...now...we just take one day at a time.  I want to grow old with Jeremy.  I want to be his wife.  But I did learn something along the way.  I am prepared if for some reason my marriage doesn't work out.  And that was huge.  The realistic approach to understanding that love may or may not keep people together.  It takes work and compromise.  So...Life happens.  The Enchanted Garden by Kevin Kern is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment