Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The climate


The emotional climate is quiet tense.  I've been reading articles and watching news, here and there.  Jeremy and I don't have cable anymore.  It's been one of the best decision we made.  There is reading.  There is Netflix.  There are other things we can still see but it's really helped.  However, I still want to be updated regarding news and the world.  I do see some news at my client's place.  I keep up with NPR.  And right now...I'm shaking my head.  I can only imagine what the world's perspective is of us right now.  I'm embarrassed, really.  I had a great time with my birthday weekend and was going to talk about that.  But I couldn't.  I'd feel like I was having an Ivanka Trump moment.    An ill timed decision to celebrate lavish and happy.  I don't know how to explain it. My 40th birthday was memorable.  It was meaningful.  Like last night.  Jeremy made scallops and asparagus.  And we had my birthday wine.  MC and CC gave me wine when we went over for their daughter's birthday.  It's an amazing Red blend.  I can have blends.  I can't have straight Reds.  I love Merlots.  Merlots don't love me.  My last birthday present came in.  I thought it was home decor.  Jeremy told me it was prints.  They were smaller than expected.  However, the style was an unexpected and wonderful surprise.  The background is a page from a dictionary.  That was...perfect.  Tonight, we are being taken out for my birthday but we should also find out about the job.  I'm nervous...and excited and so many things.  If it doesn't work out, that's okay too.  They have been looking for Jeremy.  That's a nice ego boost.  Jeremy will just continue studying.  I love my new assignment.  Mrs. "Walters" is just too wonderful.  I love my job.  The emotional climate is tense.  But life still has to continue.  The political climate is tense. But life still hast to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment