Friday, January 27, 2017

The boring brings happy too


Is it weird to say that? I find boring part of happy too.  I had a rather quiet day after my birthday.  I have a tradition I started a couple of years back.  I get a discount for a massage at a really great massage place.  I don't really need to go much to a massage because Jeremy does a phenomenal job.  However, since I get a discount at this place, I decided to do two hours of massage.  The therapist did a unique massage to my neck I have never had before.  It was awesome.  It was amazing.  I had also been looking into a sound on my car that I hear sometimes when I brake.  I was due for an oil change.  But since I was there, I decided to do the brake fluid too to help with the sound I hear.  I don't like going to car places by myself.  It's one of the few places I will go by myself.  I've been going for about 3 years.  And I like that they have employed a woman.  She has a crazy but awesome name.  Jansin.  She was telling me she almost became a Diana.  It wouldn't have suited her.  And then, off to get ingredients for dinner.  I don't feel any different being 40.  and yet, I do. Tonight, SADF and I celebrate a little of our birthday.  With tiaras no less.  I was going to wear my Unicorn band but it doesn't go with my outfit.  Jeremy is getting a cake for us.  My other two gifts have not come in yet.  Which bummed him and I out.  But they will come.  We must have patience.  My first one would have been amazing enough.  Every morning and every night, Jeremy helps me with the cleaning of it since I can't reach it.  I love my tattoo.  So much meaning behind it.  So...bring on the boring.  I like quiet days.  Jeremy and I are in that better space.  There is a reason to my madness, so to speak.  I'm easy going.  But when you feel like you're being disrespected...you ought to say something because it could fester.  And it some ways, I was feeling that with Jeremy.  I said something.  And he changed his behavior.  And so did I, for that matter.  I always want to improve our marriage.  And our friendship.  We love each other.  And that is a true blessing.  Sometimes, life can make us jaded in our relationships...whether friendship, marriage, or familial.  And when we continue to connect to people and improve on those relationships...we bring a healthy balance to ourselves.  At least that is what I have been experiencing.  I had a beautiful talk with my neurologist about it.  She is an amazing person.  I only see her twice a year.  I had a great conversation with the massage therapist but he spilled his guts a little too much with me.  I'm used to it but I kind of wanted a more quiet time to go to sleep.  In the end, I was okay with it.  I made dinner and Jeremy and I watched Hunter X Hunter.  We just finished Blue Exorcist.  I throw in a movie here and there.  And we're still playing Dante's Inferno.  Boring...is beautiful.  I can't say every day has an adventure or profound moment.  And I'm okay with that.  I like just being happy with my life.  Healing by Tim Wheater is on.  How fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment