Monday, January 23, 2017

Meaningful


Yesterday was so special.  And eventful.  I had called to confirm if the tattoo place I wanted to go to was open. That was on Wednesday.  So it was odd that when we got there...it was closed.  But with some quick thinking and Google, we ended up at Element Tattoo.  It felt like some weird De ja vu.  Even thought I've never been to this place.  I'd been staring at this place for years when I used to go to the club across from it for Karaoke.  Yes.  I used to Karaoke.  "L" got one as well.  Hers was the Deathly Hallows symbol with wings.  It's beautiful.  I was grateful for the feedback from Chris, the artist.  In the end, I went with a classic look.  I love my tattoo.  I've thought about this tattoo, for years.  But the timing seemed right.  I was curious to see where my pain threshold was at 40.  It was painful but it was doable.  In fact, at one point...it tickled.  That was unexpected.  And I went to "Serenity".  This tattoo represents a sort of rebirth for me.  There is so much that goes into healing yourself.  And each journey is different.  Last night, as Jeremy and I were discussing the experience today...it was just a moment to remember.And the Universe also decided on an odd choice for a song but hey...Love me like you do.    And I thought about timing and the Universe.  Jeremy had also decided that day to put it on a station I listen to.  I used to listen to 94.1 but then it changed.  And felt a little lost with radio.  102.7 Jack is nice but I hadn't exactly felt a connection.  I listen.  It's on my preset.  But no connection.  Same with 105.3.  But somewhere...101.9 has resonated.  So there he put it...and it was just a moment.  I looked at him and awwed.  And he smiled.  A small but meaningful gesture.  Going back to DA and "L"'s place, it was just a moment to remember.  I am so happy she did this me.  We had been talking about this for months.  And then...the day was there.  I got to open my presents.  I got a want from the Fantastic Beasts collection.  Madam President's! I got a lego Unikitty.  I got a Hogwarts Houses bow.  I got a Unicorn umbrella.  And they had made a Tuxedo cheesecake for me.  There is so much meaning into things.  At least for me there is.  Yesterday is a day that will stay with me.  Passages from Jon Schmidt is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment