Thursday, March 16, 2017

Anniversary


Today is Jeremy's and my 5th wedding anniversary.  What an adventure.  Most of it wonderful.  Some of it very painful.  All of it necessary to have us exactly where we are.  We have a love story.  A rather bizarre one, at that.  But it's like the universe wanted to show even out of the most painful parts of a person's life, beauty can be there.  I mean, really.  It's like some strange Lifetime movie.  My rapist introduced me to my husband.  I don't make light of my pain.  I just want to show that there is life after pain, whatever it is.  Even the pain that Jeremy and I endured.  Struggling to communicate.  Getting on the wrong footing.  Allowing people and other variables to influence on what we thought and appreciated in the relationship we had.  I allowed influences too.  Not just him.  We failed each other for a while.  But I don't regret that we failed each other.  Because we are stronger for it now.  We thought we had figured out the life lesson.  Little did we know there was so much more to come to understand and appreciate the bond we really have.  We really are best friends.  We really do have each other's back.  We really are each other's rock.  We really are...us.  You and Me is playing from Anne Trenning.  What a nice fit for today's blog.  We have our hot lunch date today.  And Anniversary dinner later tonight.  Tomorrow we go see Beauty and the Beast.  Which just makes me happy like no tomorrow.  It's one of my favorite stories...and I get to see it with Jeremy.  And we have the museum this weekend, as well.  We we were up late last night like dorks playing Lego Dimensions.  But that's us.  The couple that dorks together...stays together? lol All I know...is that through therapy, through relearning how to communicate with Jeremy, through showing him how I truly appreciate him, flaws and all....that we are exactly where we are supposed to be....And that's just wonderfully fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment