Monday, March 20, 2017

Being prepared



Being prepared was the theme for Friday.  For privacy reasons, I don't think I can really go into detail about my client but they had a medical emergency.  I think I can safely say it was one of the most craziest moments in my life.  But I did find out something about myself.  Sometimes I have frozen for things that happen to me.  But for others, I get on the ball!!! It's a nice thing to know about myself.  With all the insanity of the day before, I did have an episode Saturday morning.  But I slept it off.  And I also could have been experiencing so much emotion from seeing Beauty and the Beast with Jeremy.  I bawled the entire time.  This was a little girl's dream come true.  And I was here with him.  It's hard to explain.  But so much emotion was there...and it was beautiful.  And the next day, we went to the museum.  I am such a museum nerd.  We ended the anniversary weekend on an amazing note.  I finished a game!!! Jeremy has finished plenty of games but I haven't so it was a new thing for me.  I love Lego Dimensions! It has been such an amazing weekend.  How much? Jeremy and I got crazy...on our desk.  Something I have always wanted to try.  Who does that? Apparently, two crazy kids in love.  So...business as usual today for work.  I gotta turn in some paperwork at the office so it's the reason I haven't gone back to sleep.  What a weekend.  Being prepared for the insanity that life brings you is important.  Honestly, even with all the preparing...something things will still throw you for a loop and knock you off your feet.  What do you do? You get up and figure out your next move.  And sometimes, there isn't one right next move.  Everybody's next move looks different.  I had a friend recently wish me happy anniversary but also themselves.  We have the same anniversary.  And they and I were certain it was divorceville.  But something changed...and they decided to stay married.  I was shocked.  But I was also happy for them.  Because each marriage has a chance to redo...start over...keep going.  Each marriage deserves growth...no matter how far down the rabbit hole the two think they are.  Good for them.  And each marriage looks different.  Hell...I'll go one better than that...each relationship.  Relationships don't come in one size fits all.  I wish the greater society understood that.  Maybe one day we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment