Friday, March 24, 2017

This life I live


This life I live...lol

Caregiving life can be quiet sometimes.  And then, not.  I was a fill in yesterday.  And while not as medical as my regular, there was still some "excitement".   But there's also something about this job that I hadn't really given much thought at the time.  Besides connecting with the clients, it's also connecting with the family members.  I build relationships with the family members.  I am their support system too.  While I am not therapist, per se I have extended my "friend therapist" position to my professional life.  Yesterday was a great example of feeling my full life.  I worked.  Then, since I am hardly on the side of town I was in I saw a half price  bookstore I had gone to with a friend.  I was actually looking for lego dimensions figurines.  However, I figured, since I was there to check out the movies.  Side note.  I am listening to the first audiobook I like.  Mark Bramhall is the narrator.  I am listening to The Magicians.  I saw the first season and just waiting for the second season to be on Netflix.  I digress.  I was in the mood for BBQ of some sort.  I had made potato salad the other day for loved one's birthday.  Dickey's is a great BBQ place!  I found Enchanted for  $4.00! I also finished out my collection of Tom Clany's series of movies.  I also went grocery shopping, and finally housework.  By 4:30, I was pooped.  But I smiled.  I smiled because this life I live feels good.  The professional.  The personal.  My friends.  We even had a last minute invite to hang out.  Look at us...hanging out...on a weeknight.  Since our whole schedule has adjusted this week, why not just make it an adjust week. *wink *wink* I'm heading out in a bit to go to work.  Every day is a gift.  So I embrace that gift and try to give as much back.  This is my gift back.  Not everyone believes in God.  Honestly, depending on my mood..God is God one day and he's well...God.  And then, the Universe is God, and well she's God..or would that be Goddess? But somewhere, I feel compelled to give back.  And this is my way to do that.  Gestures and words of affirmation.  It's my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment