Monday, March 6, 2017

Reflection on a monumental moment


This weekend was the 5K.  The 5K is always dear to my heart,  It's for the Run 4 Hope for the Rape Crisis Center.  There has been more evolution with my healing up to the 5K.  Strangely, I didn't cry this time.  I felt so much pride.  And when some of supporters were cheering us on, I felt connected with this cause we were doing.  Perfect strangers.  Yet, we were here for an important reason.  They didn't know my story.  I didn't know theirs.  We just knew...this race was important...this cause was important to us.  Jeremy and I ran the last of it.  I am tired and sore.  I am aching like you wouldn't believe.  But it's worth it.  We also go to see "Tiny Tot" one more time and hang out.  She had a flaky friend moment so we made sure she got taken care of.  We've all had those friends.  You sometimes wonder if they are just that inconsiderate or they are just that clueless to anyone else's time or money.  My only regret is that I haven't finished the Love Letters to myself that I started last year on March 4.  Yet, it is also a testament that I don't need to write in it as often.  I'm in space where I feel appreciated.  I'm in a space where I know my value and worth.  I appreciate Jeremy so much.  Even with our struggles.  I look back and realize I have just as much accountability for us struggling.  And by that acknowledgement we both work to improve our communication and appreciation for each other.  I can't imagine being married to anyone else.  When I say we're best friends, it's not just for show.  We're friends.  We hang out.  We talk.  "Tiny Tot's" conversation with us struck a beautiful chord with me.  I listened as Jeremy was talking about relationships and compromise and other things.  And I appreciated what he was saying.  I did have a moment where some negativity spewed us but my girl wouldn't let me.  She brought me back to positive.  She's a hoot.  She's a firecracker.  She's shorter than me.  But she can kick ass.  What a great weekend.  Our anniversary is also coming up.  And Jeremy's birthday,  I'm excited for that.  That's about it, guys.  I gotta get ready for work and turn in some paper work.  I hope you have a fabulous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment