Thursday, August 28, 2014

A sign


I had a great  conversation with a close friend yesterday.  I felt like I was in a funk.  Like this dark cloud was over me.  I was getting anxious all the time.  It was very unsettling.  Our great chat brought me possibly closer to an answer.  At least I may have found out the problem. And that's half the battle. How cliche. But so true.  I have lost my mojo.  I have lost that confidence I usually have.  And my usual ways to bring back the magic wasn't working.  And that was making it more unsettling. Hence, the anxiety ensues.  This talked really helped.  And this morning the hug that is magical...well...it was magical again.  I slept decent.  I didn't wake up anxious.  And then there it was...the dime.  It was the sign I didn't know I needed to see.  For those that don't know I was extremely close to my maternal grandma.  I actually held her hand while she passed away.  Before she passed she told me she would still say hi to me...just to make sure I was ok.  And that sign would be one single dime.  Seeing a dime (and the timing of it sometimes!) does something for me.  You don't have to believe.  This is one little thing that I don't sway from.  I believe she is still somewhere where she can see me and see my pain or struggle.  And that dime is a way to "calm, check, or simply say hi".  So here's to getting my mojo back.   I hope this journey shows me what and how to react when it isn't there.  Perhaps that is the lesson to be learned here.

No comments:

Post a Comment