Monday, August 25, 2014

If it works for you, it might not work for me


I had a a couple of great conversations regarding this topic.  We all have a different way of conducting ourselves.  Why is that we impose our beliefs, values, thought process, mindsets on each other.  What possesses us to "thrust" our way of life onto others.  I like different opinions.  In fact, I think it's enlightening to have people expose me to different perspectives.  I think differently. I have a hard time even putting a label on what type of person I am.  Liberal seems to to be the only accurate description.  But even liberal seems to have negative connotation.  I just try to see at what's fair and balanced.  My religion or spiritual pathway is my business.  My body is my own.  My marriage is between my husband and I.  My parenting skills is between 3 other people.  These are just examples I can think of where opposition on how I think might come up.  I don't apologize for it.  I don't want to seem confrontational about it.  I just want to be myself.  People will always oppose.  That's not a new.  I wish it was more harmonious of the approach but that's not reality.  At least I still have a good grip on reality on know that isn't something to expect.  These conversations included not pressuring one another on how one thinks.  The other was communicating that thought in an approach that was less hostile.  That hostility can grow into some negative energy.  And it isn't healthy for that energy to stay.  But you could say...it works for you...it doesn't work for me.  And I can respect that.  I just won't seek your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment