Monday, August 4, 2014

Impact

I hope that my presence in your life makes a positive impact.  When I spend time with you I like making you smile. I hope that I somehow contribute to your journey pursuing happiness.  I've been blessed to have different people in my life.  Although, there have been some that weren't such a blessing I am grateful that I learned a lesson on what it means to be a true friend and to receive a true friend.  The abundance of love is overwhelming.  I have extraordinary people in my life.  I don't get tired of saying that.  And then there is him.  It's hard to explain what gift I have being married to Jeremy.  Sometimes I find myself watching romantic movies and wondering...do they know that type of love? And then I found out...I don't have a fairy tale or some romantic movie.  I have as one of my friends put it...  "camaraderie".  I have a partnership.  She could relate to that pairing.  And I understood the impact of that word.  Whether it's through a parent, child, spouse..etc. I hope you have "your person".  I hope you have a person...or people that unconditionally you have this connection.  Love is a wonder.  It's powerful.  It's often misunderstood.  We sometimes are afraid of the form it comes in.  After all, sometimes it doesn't fit what the overall world views as love.  But what do we know of love...until we experience that encompassing feeling of the entire world around stopping. That there is this energy between you and a person you have this unstoppable and  impenetrable surge..of just knowing...just understanding.  It's like a language only you know and you can hear.  I hope you find it.  I know you know it.  I hope it changes you. I hope I change you.  Because I feel this...I feel stronger in the world.  And I hope I impact you.

No comments:

Post a Comment