Friday, August 1, 2014

The choice is mine

For me...this day is always a doozy.  It is a painful day.  The psychological effects of it still stay.  However, the choice is mine on how I react to it.  I can wither away and let this day get the best of me.  Or I can turn this day into an adventure.  That way...when I look back I remember all the things I took risks on. Or did for the first time.  Instead, it will make me smile because I took chances.  The tradition is to at least have one thing I did different or new.  This year I went to a place called Jacob's well and it was amazing.  I don't remember the last time I went to a friend and "escaped".  And that's exactly what I did.  I am proud of the person I am...and still becoming. I have so much to still learn.  I fall.  I make mistakes. Do I ever! However, I do my best to learn from them.  Lessons learned, I say.  Today...as Jeremy was leaving he melted my heart. I asked if he knew what today was...and he said...it's your day of trying new adventures and taking chances.  1) He was listening!!! 2) He turned a negative into a positive! That's exactly what today is....turning a negative into a positive.  It's not easy.  But you do your best to see the positive out of each situation.  I met Jeremy because of this negative. And that would make me do it all over again. Pain....and all.  The choice is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment