Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The power of positivity


So the last couple of days have had me in a funk.  I think I needed to straighten out and clear my head.  The lack of sleep probably didn't help my mood.  But it is important to stay positive.  It's not as easy as it sounds.  There is work to staying positive.  Honestly, it's easy to allow yourself to be swallowed by all the negativity around you.  However, I'm crazy and stubborn and I refuse to give up.  And so I stay positive.  I have to allow myself moments that I am not super human.  I too will have my self-doubt moments. I too will have allow the negativity to group in.  I just need to remind myself to not be overwhelmed by it and get "devoured" by the idea of it.  Sometimes I am my worst critic.  I create a feedfest for my own demons, if that makes sense.  They are there.  But I manage them.  And then something triggers or happens and I I have to confront.  And I have a choice at that moment on which direction I want to go.  I often pick correctly, thank goodness.  I guess the last couple of days I wasn't picking correctly.  To tell you the truth I felt out of alignment, so to speak.  Something just didn't feel right.  I was lucky enough to have a handful of conversations that kept me afloat.  I love conversations like that.  They sustain or even sometimes "throw a life raft" towards me.  I love blogging now.  I find such peace in it.  I let my feelings out. It's almost as if I let it go into the void and by doing that I release the negative energy.  It's a rather strange process and reasoning. But it makes sense to me.  And really...that's what matters regarding my positive attitude.  I also myself by surrounding myself with music that just calms.  I go to a place. I can't even describe. I just go to a place and clear my mind when I hear calming music.  Like right now.  It just puts things back in its proper place? The world is right again.

No comments:

Post a Comment