Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Never underestimate the power of your impact

That can go good or bad, really.  You think that you're not contributing to this beautiful world or that your malice isn't polluting the world.  Never underestimate the power of your impact.  My inner demons sometimes have gotten the better of me and I have doubts about my impact.  Questions brim up on whether I have a positive impact on people.  However, those doubts are quickly squelched when I see people I care about and love smile because I contributed to their happiness.  At this time in my life I have a position where I can be more readily available for those I love.  Jeremy takes on that burden to keep that position going.  He is my hero for doing it.  I often tell him that I am happy to take on the burden with him.  While I am trying to study for my test again I could be working. I can only do part time but it would be something. Yet, he is the rock I look up to and handles things.  I admire that about him.  Jeremy takes care of me so I can take care of others.  I'm proud of us.  It takes one step for a small gesture of kindness.  It feels good to have done it.  At least...for me, it feels like I have a positive impact.  I remember the days I let my anger get the best of me and I took it out on someone else.  You never know what kind of domino effect it might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment