Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Your gift

What is it about you? What is that gift? Don't be afraid to share it.  Strangely, my weirdness is my gift.  Granted, I often believed my Epilepsy had a hand in my way of seeing life differently.  I relate to the weirdo.  I used to get hurt by the word.  Now, well, now I embrace it like a well loved blanket.  It's all in the way someone tells me I'm a weirdo.  I have a gift.  I can't explain it.  I put people at ease.  People can often talk to me because I'm approachable.  I'm the therapist friend.  Has it translated into a successful career? No. But as I am getting older that is not the only barometer for success.  My marriage, my relationships...that to me is the barometer for my success.  Success...even that seems like an the wrong word to use for it.  I have a gift.  I will leave this earth with a legacy of love.  I hope you find your gift.  It makes you feel whole when you do.  I still have insecurities about who I am.  However, with the love of my family I stay assured that while I have a gift...I am the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment