Friday, March 27, 2015

War of words



It's an interesting perspective. I mean, some would say words hurt more than physical pain because there are marks to show the actual pain.  Then, there are others that say words are just that, words.  I could actually agree with both.  The choice, if one has one when being bullied with words is that we do our best to now give the power to the words.  Is that easy? No.   I won't sit on a podium or soap box and tell you it's as simple as turning your head or cheek for that matter.  It takes bravery to do that.  People these days don't know or care sometimes the impact they bring simply by saying such horrible words.  There is such a darkness about being anonymous.  You get to say things where you don't have to be accountable for those words.  A conversation once sparked just that issue.  That and asking what is the benefit of saying such words.  Do they benefit anyone? or are you simply saying your version of what you think is truth.  That is always my pet peeve. Just being blunt.  Yes. I get that.  But does it benefit anyone from being so rash? And would they appreciate the same rashness. Most don't.  That's just me.  I don't want people necessarily to sugar coat things but it might be good for people to be held accountable for their words.  Especially when some get harmed by those words or words die from words taking on a different life.  Even if one doesn't believe it takes on a different level when you hurt someone simply because they are different from you.  So this is me...having a war with words.  I bring positive. I bring love.  I bring compassion.  Take that, hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment