Thursday, September 3, 2015

History

Today was a day. I spent all day with an old friend. She was needing comfort and support. And there I was. 20 years of history. And not all of it was pleasant with us. But we never forgot about each other. And when reconnected we mended so much. She's one of the few people who has known Jess Ortiz, Jess Moser, and now...Jess Kearney. A traumatic point in my life left us at a crossroads. But we perserveared and our friendship held.  And in true universal fashion she felt conflicted. I was so happy to relieve her of any worry. It's funny how I've learned that my horrible experiences don't negate your wonderful...or vice versa. The very person who pained me needed his friend, her. In some strange way I wanted to be that friend. To be there for the friend behind the monster. Because once upon a time. ...he wasn't. She still did not reach out. But she did it for her reasons. And I respect that. Life is strange.  I pain for the man behind the monster. What in the world does that make me?

No comments:

Post a Comment