Tuesday, September 9, 2014

He's my Monet

I was really excited to view the Impressionist collection. I lose myself in museums.  It's as if life stands still and I go into my very own version of the Mary Poppins pop up world.  It's all very whimsical, really.  Monet has been a progression of appreciation for me.  I haven't always appreciated his work.  In fact, for a good part of my youth...I didn't understand him.  It wasn't until I got older did I understand the genius of what he was doing for the artworld.  But what do I mean by he's my Monet.  Water lillies is one of my favorite if my not my favorite painting.  Something about the colors and the vision of this serene pond calls to me.  I suddenly feel the art. I suddenly can visualize the music that would be Monet. It's all hard to explain.  But there I am.  I took a moment and viewed it today before I left.  It is so surreal to imagine that in my life lifetime...I'd see it in person.  It's like a list I have. Jeremy doesn't see it as a bucket list.  So I am apt to call it Adventure wish list.  And one of those things was that painting.  I think going to the Louvre would be another one.  But I've got Ireland in front of me first.  Back to Jeremy as My Monet.  I watch him sometimes amazed.  The novelty hasn't worn out.  I am still utterly crazy about this man.  He was like the Monet once.  Artwork that I only wished I had the chance to be "present" with but never knew that I would be this close.  I admire Jeremy. I admire his mind. I admire his wit.  Jeremy and our connection is art to me.  It's funny how art imitates life gets thrown around a lot.  However, today I really took in that meaning as I walked through the collection.  Life creates such masterpieces that you sometimes see through poetry, art, film, and such.  And then there are masterpieces you never really imagine as art.  The bond between friends. The bond between parent and child...young or older.  The bond between lovers.  The bond between spouses.  The bond within yourself.  All these bring the magic of connecting with the world.  That magic...that special feeling of looking at a painting...reminds me that HE is my MONET.

No comments:

Post a Comment