Friday, September 5, 2014

The story

As usual I had a great conversation with Jeremy.  We touched upon a few topics. I got a better understanding of things even with my own husband.  I like finding out things I either wasn't aware of or somehow discovered. Perhaps being clearer about things helps me to understand people better.  We were talking about stories.  And the idea of pain comparing? It was going back to a previous conversation we had.  And at the time I was more emotionally invested in my view of pain.  I stepped back yesterday and recognized  that everyone has a story.  I don't know the story.  So I don't necessarily know the pain.  It was eye opening.  I also told him about stress.  I got to a point where I can't control what things happen. And by worrying them I don't help my situation. Granted, it is easier said than done.  However, it helped to send my anxiety and worry elsewhere.  As one of my friends said..."It's freeing." Going back to the story....unfolding someone's story is beautiful and profound.  You learn so much about a person.  You even appreciate the ins and outs of the individual.  Sometimes it's even the smallest things from my loved ones that make me smile.  I relish in their positive energy.  I feed off their positive energy, their support, and their unwavering acceptance. It feels good.  Another conversation also touched about that support.  It is essential that people have that unwavering support.  Even if you disagree with someone's thoughts, values, decisions..and such....the unwavering support of just being there makes for an extraordinary gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment