Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Takedown


I used to wonder why some people just don't watch the news.  And now I've become one of them.  I read headlines and look into so that I stay afloat on certain news.  But others...I notice it is such a takedown culture.  Who knew I would be quoting Taylor Swift.  Even she did a takedown.  That old saying...if you have nothing nice to say...don't say anything at all.  I don't like twitter for that reason.  Not that Facebook doesn't have that feature of mean moments.  But I remove myself from it right away. I learned not to read comments on things.  My own, yes.  I have friends that tease and perhaps have a mock moment here and there. But their's is out caring for the quirky person that is me.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm no angel.  But I'm willing to say things to you in front of your face.  I'm the kind of friend that will stab you in the front. lol Why are we so quick to judge and then make worse by humiliation? This humiliation is the biggest takedown feeling for me.  I have judged at times.  There was a guy at starbucks that had blue (not manly blue..sky blue) and zebra shoes.  While I never approached him regarding his fashion sense I would have told him. But I wouldn't have humiliated him.  That would have been cruel of me. Just giving you an example of me not being an angel.   Cruel...that is what I noticed sometimes we are as a society...cruel.  I love it when I hear a story that restores my faith in society.  Not all of it is bad out there. You just gotta look for it. I am and always be a big believer of looking for a positive out of a negative...no matter how negative it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment