Friday, September 12, 2014

Tangent...


It's a little disturbing to think about death while you're still alive. It has a morbid sense to it.  But there it is.  I am thinking of my death. Not because I know it's coming or not. Maybe because I don't know and I am taking the time to think about it.  The question is what legacy do I want to leave? All these years and I want Dreams by cranberries to still play at my funeral.  That's strange.  I hope I remembered for my heart. I want to be remembered by my kindness.  Somewhere I want you to find my words...my poetry.  This is a strange thing but when I left high school there was a yearly magazine the Literary magazine was put out.  I ended being submitted through my art work.  I was honored and flattered. But I would have wanted my poetry.  It's my funeral. Pick a poem...or two.   Am I selfish? Yes, I want you to cry. But then I want you to laugh.  Wear dark red, if possible.  I love Burgandy.  I do want to be remembered. I feel like I will have contributed to something through my legacy.  I want to be missed.  I want to have mattered.  I have morbid sense of humor.  I guess a conversation inspired me to go off on a tangent..thinking about my death.  I promise you. I am okay.  This is the crazy inner workings of Jess.  I think of the strangest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment