Thursday, September 11, 2014

Two lifetimes ago


It's an extraordinary thing what a last will make you feel.  I was still Ortiz 13 years ago.  I was engaged to be married to Woody Moser.  I woke up to my Dad calling me asking if I had seen the news.  It was barely after 9.  I rushed to the living room and my grandma whom I had stayed with overnight had the television already on.  I think I was watching a loop but it could have been one of the airplanes had crashed into one of the towers.  It was such a disturbing scene. But I forced myself to watch. Somehow I wanted New Yorkers to not be alone.  So this horror was a horror others would see.  And then I also so because I realized most of those people might not get out.  At the time I didn't think of the Towers collapsing.  I thought of the people not being able to escape.  It's interesting how you don't think about things until after the fact.  There are stories that emerged from all this tragedy.  So it seems like two lifetimes ago...really.  WE didn't forget you.  WE won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment