Thursday, August 4, 2016

Because...Little One


Some people come into your life and you don't know the impact they will have.  If I had had a little brother, Little One would fit the bill.  We started off badly.  Let's just say some head butting took place.  I mean, literally.  But we developed a friendship.  And somewhere along the way, we saw each other as this odd version of brother and sister.  I felt protective and maternal towards, like it was something I was supposed to do.  And I love the friendship he has with Jeremy.  He's back in town.  That boy is loved by so many people.  Because...Little One.  It's funny how you don't know how they will impact your life.  He came in by chance because he was dating one of my close friends at the time.  But she was a lousy friend.  And I felt used by her.  So when they broke up, Jeremy and I took sides.  We picked him.  He also opened up a whole new social circle for us.  We're the oldest of the group.  I call us the grandma and grandpa of the youngens.  But it was something a friend of mine and I were discussing.  She's about 4 years younger than me but still one of the older members.  The young ones are growing up.  Some of gotten married.  Some have had a baby.  Some of gotten new jobs.  Some have moved to a new place.  The evolution of a person is interesting to see.  I'd say we have been friends with most of this group for 3 years or so.  And in those 3 years, so much has changed.  There is a feeling of family in a very strange place.  The haunting ground that we all go to.  It's his home away from home.  It's like Cheers, but cooler. lol It always reminds me of Halloween, actually.  But there is a feeling of family at that place. We don't go out much like that because responsibilities and fun stuff like that.  We can't stay out all hours of the night.  But we were able to chill and enjoy having our boy home.  Because...Little One.  I love that kid.  He's 27 but all I see is a kid brother lol

No comments:

Post a Comment