Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Poetry


I wrote two poems yesterday.  I hadn't written anything in awhile.  I felt on some emotional space, writer's block.  My head was somewhere else.  But what I learned is that I have to be the one in control of how I react to my world.  And that is no easy task for me sometimes.  Here it is.  My poetry


Battle
You cannot win
You think you do
I see that smile
I feel that sneer
There are battles I lose
Sometimes daily
But the war I wage
My confidence, thy Queen
is well worth every dragon I slay
It's my voice that slays the dragon
It's my thoughts that make me bleed
I am my own hero
I am also my worst enemy
But tomorrow I wake
a new perspective in place
Hope...in the hoope
that one day I'll free myself of my chains
shackles I can't even explain
a prison I don't know existsand stand on my own two feet and say


I AM MORE THAN ENOUGH






unravel

The monster within unravels
through fear
eating away
festering
It comes through the thoughts
It bites through the good
The sword to fight is empowerment
Beautiful words to tell myself
Love letters to blanket the bullets of pain
that came through from the word that rings true
Bullying
Someone was a bully
with fists
with words
with force
Fight back.  Fight free
But do this
Don't become your own bully
That is the worst of them all

No comments:

Post a Comment