Monday, October 17, 2016

Keep the pen


It's something I said this morning. This was the text I sent.  We hold the pen to our narrative.  We don't realize how much control we sometimes let others have of our narrative.  For good or bad.  Today is a reminder to keep the pen.  Keep the pen.  Make sure you are showing the world your story.  People are always going to have an opinion on how you should do things.  How you should be.  What you should be.  And really, is there really any one way to be. Two people with similar things will still be so different.  You see it in twins.  So why not just be crazy and authentic you.  This world feels crazy these days.  It's hard for me to look at news without getting nauseated from the insanity.  Sometimes the violence.  Sometimes hateful comments.  Sometimes from the sheer ridiculous that inhabits us right now.  If you understand all that, my apologies.  We're not all like that.  I, for one am not.  I'll be the first to tell you I am not perfect.  I've made more than my share of mistakes.  But I would like to think I come to the table with an open mind.  Back to the pen.  Slowly, I am learning to keep the pen.  It's easy to fall into old habits and let the inner demons of self doubt run around.  Luckily, I get lovingly called out by enough loved ones to not do that very often.  I won the love lottery.  Not just with Jeremy.  But with loved ones too.  They're a family I never expected to have.  They remind me to embrace the hot mess I can be.  It's okay that I have certain things figured out.  It's okay that I don't have other things figured out.  Today...remember that your story is still waiting to be written.  And even if there is a time that things go array.  Plot twist! That plot twist was made for you to see much more than just that chapter.  Your book is still being written.  Keep the adventures, memories, and incredible conversations going to write the book of you.  My quiet spaces...go out there and live the life you were meant  to have, smiles and all.  Enjoy the time of reflection.  Enjoy the time of grand company.  Enjoy the moments that take your breath away.  But whatever you do, keep the pen.  Happy Adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment