Friday, August 23, 2013

Judgement

We all do it.  I know I do it.  I try to be careful when I judge, tho.  I don't know the whole story.  And quite frankly, it's non of my business.  At least that is the mindset I want someone to have of my life.  My life, my choices, my marriage, and my parenting...are well...none of your business.  I don't mind suggestions. I don't mind opinions.  I reconfirmed that philosophy as I was having lunch with a friend.  You really don't know the ins and outs of what goes on behind the scenes.  You may want to do the saying..."Well...if it was me...or your life or marriage shouldn't look like that".  I respect that someone wants to put that out there....but they aren't me.  I live life on a different set of rules.  I still abide by rules like thou shall not kill thy neighbor.  But society rules...the rules that say I have to act my age...or look a certain way for my age.  I've come to a certain point in my life where I recognize that I won't appease people on my decisions.  I'm okay with that.  I'm happy on my decisions. I'm happy on how I conduct myself. I make mistakes...oh do I! But I like learning the hard way sometimes.  As ridiculous as that sounds it's the best way for me to learn what I like or don't like...what I understand or don't.  Sometimes learning....is doing.  Even if that doing is the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment