Wednesday, August 21, 2013

This time..I'll be bulletproof

Since I am doing yesterday's blog entry...I guess I will do today's.  Dreams.  I noticed within the last few days a handful of friends having not so pleasant dreams. Myself included in the not so pleasant dreams.  I was rather curious about that.  I was wondering if the Universe was sending some kind of sign or just pure coincidence.  Mine was about dreaming about a toxic person.  I don't normally dream of this person...but there they were...invading my sleep.  Sometimes I wonder why certain dreams happen.  Dr. Jung was an expert on the subject of dreams and often described dreams as a doorway for subliminal messaging.  In other words, people and things in our dreams represented or symbolized other things.  That could have been the case in my dream.  This person triggers me profoundly.  I hadn't realized until I removed them from my life that they had caused so much chaos around me.  I lost a friend or two because they were friends with this person...and at times I am sad about that.  I don't regret the loss. I figure they will come to realize the manipulation of "Jordan".  We will call this person "Jordan".  I also had another unnerving moment where I thought I recognized a former best friend.  The blood drained from me.  I hadn't realized that certain people still have the effect of unnerving me.  Good to know..right?.  It got me thinking of people in my life that I hope not to run into.  I wondered how I would react to these people.  I would hope I keep my composure.  Key word...hope.  Which is why it got me thinking of things.  They are just people.  They hold memories...unpleasant vessels of bad memories.  A friend  once pointed out that I give power to songs that trigger...memories that trigger pain.  This was not to minimize my pain in any way.  But it did point out the power I give memories, songs, and people. I thought of that when I was thinking of toxic people in my life. I finally removed them in my life.  It was a slow process.  I can't have others say " I told you so".  I don't work that way.  I have experience the pain for myself in order to learn.  I don't like that but I would rather remove someone because I felt the need to....Not that someone was influencing me.  I already did that once...and it pained me...So....talking myself down.  Allowing myself to feel the pain...but give it's place..in the past...and remind myself of the reality I live in.  I felt safe reminding myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment