Monday, August 5, 2013

Memory lane

I took trip down memory lane thanks to a friend.  Sometimes my other lives...feel like well...just that...lifetimes ago.  I can't imagine sometimes that those lifetimes ago were even me.  In fact, what is most incredible to me is that they were lifetimes and last names ago.  I was Moser for so many years.  I was Moser divorced longer than I ever was married.  But I had such pride in that name.  I established myself with that name.  I formed an identity...with that name.  Ortiz...while my maiden name and original didn't connect with me.  True....I am Hispanic by heritage. However...I don't follow much of the traditions in my heritage.  Sometimes I wished I did.  I would like to be proud of the more pleasant traits of being Mexican American...rather than the usual stereotype that gets tagged to us.  But it also became an interesting feeling to be Moser...in Germany.  Strange as that sounds because it was a name I acquired by marriage.  The idea of heritage at times seems rather foreign to me...pardon the pun.  I am Jess.  I love Irish things.  I love to dance. I love trying out new foods. I am Jess.  Sometimes it's hard to describe.  But the trip down memory lane reminded me the journey that I took lifetimes ago...to come full circle....to be exactly where I am most at home.  A Kearney.

1 comment: