Friday, January 8, 2016

Interesting


A week or two ago, a friend of mine was mentioning Brene Brown.  I took in the information and just stored it as it had pertained some interesting information regarding vulnerability and other emotional things.  I was intrigued.  Yesterday, I came across one of her seminars.  And I felt my mind blown.  She hand an acronym that spoke volumes.  It spoke to me.  And that was the Anatomy of Trust. It was BRAVING the connection.
Boundaries was the first one.  And that struck a chord with me.  My discomfort of laughter came through because trust and boundaries has been difficult for me with certain people.  I trust but I didn't set up boundaries well because I was too busy worried about their needs instead of my own.  I discredited my needs as secondary.  Reliability.  I thought about that when I have been disrespected by someone being late or cancelled too many times.  Accountability.  I am a firm believer of this one.  And I am willing to hold myself accountable for things.  I realize I make mistakes and hope to learn from mine.  Vault.  It is important that you understand what I am telling you is important to me.  Integrity.  I hope that I am a person with integrity.  I believe I am.  I try to live my life as authentic as I can.  And in doing so, my integrity should be in tact.  Non judgement.  It is important that when I share with you, that is a space of understanding and non judgement.  Generosity.  That you show and express certain things, small things that make up the big things for me to realize I can trust you.  I get uncomfortable with anything or anyone that resembles self-help in any way.  I worry about exploitation.  But what she said spoke to me.  I thought I would share it with you.  It was....interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment