Monday, January 11, 2016

Storytelling



I love stories that friends tell me.  Childhood stories.  Stories how they met their special someones.  And Saturday was no different.  We went out with a friend that's in the Navy.  And my stomach was hurting...from too much laughing.  It reminded me of other friends and their stories.  I am filled with friends that have such fascinating stories in their lives.  I also realized I too, have fascinating stories.  It's good to be there for friends, even if all you can give them is a listening ear.  Storytelling is important.  Long before the internet, long before technology...it's how we kept history going.  Now, sometimes that hasn't always been the best way because truth can get changed.  It always reminds me of the game where you sit around a circle and whisper to someone.  And chances are the information is different than what it started with.  But that's how we kept history going...story telling.  I love hearing older generation with story telling.  I read in the history books...and then listen to someone older speak of being there.  And one day, in my own way...I will be that older generation with a story...or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment