Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Just do it


So I did it.  I eased my way in, mind you.  But as of right now...I have purple streaks in my hair.  I am sure I could have found a hundred different reasons not to do it.  But something in me said...Just do it.  And EB made it easy to go for it.  I felt confident with her.  Because I was unsure on how the structure of look of it might go she helped with on decisions of how it was going to look.  I feel fantastic.  It's just hair.  But I feel fantastic.  I have a feeling this won't be my last hair party! And the conversation last night was amazing.  Both ES and EB are substantially younger than me.  Yet, it made no matter.  There we were having these great conversations, having a ball, and doing hair.  And the boys were having their own laugh fest upstairs.  Emily's fiance, DA gets along great with Jeremy.  ES even commemorated the event with little candy dispensers of Darth Vader and R2-D2.  I took Darth Vader.  It was so much fun.  I thought of past hurts and past pains.  And while I was getting another color I thought of this idea of shedding.  This look will only be here about a month.  Yet, I can see the appeal of why they color their hair.  I did it to step off a ledge, metaphorically.  I did it to say yes to something that might make me anxious or never quite dream of doing.  I am not in my 20s.  I look like late 20s.  So maybe I felt like I have window of opportunity of where I can do a few crazy antics.  I don't act my age so that helps! It's just hair. But I feel like a different person.  Even if it's a small thing...say yes to something you might say no to.  You just might find out.  It's exactly what you needed to say yes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment