Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The art of processing


We all have a process on how we deal with things.  I noticed that as friends, close or Facebook do things.  Sometimes, on the outside, it might not make sense to anyone but us.  I've been there with that.  I process thoughts already differently.  Why not process my process differently, as well.  The art of processing is beautiful and sad sometimes.  We process death.  We process change, like a move.  We process a loss of relationships or friendships.  Sometimes some of us process so privately, people have no clue how much they are in heartache.  Others are more vocal.  Honestly, over time, I don't see one better than the other.  I see it differently.  And different processes work for different people.  Process, in and of itself is not a one size fits all.  But sometimes we might judge someone too private about their process or too vocal. I once got criticism from a friend (she was at the time) that I didn't post "real" things on my Facebook.  I've seen an article or two that Facebook is not a realistic view of a person's life.  I can see that.  But I don't think that applies for everyone.  I, myself don't post negative things because I don't want that negative energy out.  I also figure I will save it for my blog.  Again, I have a different process.  This inspiration came just observing and seeing how people process their emotions.  How they process their happiness....and their pain.  It's intriguing.  The art of processing is fascinating.  There isn't a judgement from me how you process.  To me, there is always a method to madness.  I may be slow to process what you're doing if it is directed to me at times.  But eventually, I get there. Eventually, I realize, there is a process.  But if you need a friend, even a silent friend to process whatever you are processing today...frustration at work, significant other happiness or unhappiness, parent frustration, inner frustration....I am side by side with you, at least virtually.  I'm like a process sponsor.  You're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment